ACCREDITED* AND CHARTERED** ESTATE ATTORNEY IN CEDAR PARK, TX AND THE Surrounding Areas
*Accredited Estate Planner®; accreditation by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils.
**Chartered Trust and Estate Planner®; accreditation by the Global Academy of Finance and Management.
Basics of Estate Planning
Estate planning involves making decisions about the management and distribution of your assets, both during life and after death. It also involves decisions regarding disability, incapacitation, and end-of-life care.
- How will your beneficiaries avoid what is often an expensive and time-consuming probate process?
- How to avoid or minimize disputes between heirs over your assets?
- How will you protect your heirs from their creditors?
- When and how will your beneficiaries receive the assets you want to pass on to them?
- How can you avoid paying estate or gift taxes?
- Who will manage your assets if you become incapacitated by illness or injury, or if you pass away?
- Who will make sensitive healthcare decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated?
- Who will become the legal guardian of your minor children if you are unable to care for them in the future?
Essential Estate Planning Documents
Simply having a Last Will and Testament is not an “Estate Plan”—it’s just one piece of your plan. A complete estate plan drafted by Dawson Law LLP® will commonly include the following documents:
- Revocable Living Trust
- Last Will and Testament
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Guardianship of Minor Children (if applicable)
- HIPAA Authorization
- Disposition of Remains
- Advance Directive (“DNR”)
- Trust Certification
- Executive Summaries
- Funding Instructions
- Document flowcharts
The following are types of trusts that may be used in more advanced estate plans:
- Gift trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRAT)
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRT)
- Special Power of Appointment Trusts (SPAT)
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trust (SLAT)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT)
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLT)
- Asset Protection Trusts (APT)
- Private Retirement Trusts (PRT)
- Foreign Trusts
- Special Needs Tursts (SNT)
ESTATE PLANNING PROCESS
EXPERIENCED ESTATE PLANNING LAW FIRM
The combination of your trust, will, and other estate planning documents, prepared by Dawson Law LLP®, are designed to achieve your specific individual goals and to remove your loved ones from the stress of probate. Please contact the Firm at (512) 649-5010 or by email at email@example.com to schedule a free 30-minute consultation. To help first consider whether Dawson Law LLP® is a good fit, please review the Firm’s pricing page.
Wealthy individuals and business owners face special challenges when it comes to protecting and passing on their assets to heirs.
Dawson Law LLP® is experienced with assisting families create an effective and
focused special needs estate plan.